skyline

skyline

Monday, February 20, 2017

Down with the sickness. Week 79 from Hong Kong

Hello all,

   Well this week was a bit rough. I was really sick the first part of this week. It was mostly just a terrible cold. I felt awful. So Tuesday I wore a mask to District Meeting which was fun but I think it made the other people nervous. It was sad too because this was the first time that the people who moved into the zone would see us and we were sick and no fun at all. So we will have to try again this week. But yeah after that Elder Darrington and I went home and slept for the rest of the day. He was feeling just as bad as I was so we sent our companions out on exchanges. Not a great Valentine's day. 

   Through this experience I learned that Chinese cough medicine does not even try to taste good. They actually have a saying that the more bitter the medicine the more powerful it is. So yeah that was one of the more vile things I have ever put into my body. So after struggling through for a few days I am feeling much better. 

   That was a major theme of the week which was sad. We were also supper busy we had 15 lessons this week. Which is a TON! usually a companionship will get around 5. So that was great. We now have the problem of trying to re-schedule them for this week and not having enough time for them in the week. which is a lovely problem to have. 

   On Friday after English class we had the Ma on Shan Elders over for dinner. Elder Taylor and Elder Smith made British chips and fried chicken. That was really good. I like having a companionship over for dinner now and then to change it up. 

   We are going to sing in sacrament meeting next week and we were going to sing a really complicated song but sister Clark decided that she didn't want to play that one. So as a joke I suggested that we sing "If You Could Hie to Kolob" (you can google it and listen to it on Youtube and long story short we are singing that next week. It does not exist in the Chinese hymn book so it should be fun. 

   We also had our interviews with President Lam. That was fun. I love having interviews with him. He always has good things to say. 

   I was also privileged to do a baptismal interview for a young man. His name is Jackie Chan - not the famous one haha. I did it in the bishops office since there were lots of people at the church. He was really cool. He will be getting baptized this coming week. 

   We also had elder Smiths birthday. He turned 20 this Saturday. So we went out and bought him a cake and the re-lighting candles. that was fun I will attach a video. 

   We had a really good week this week. Hopefully next week is better.

Love,
Elder Walker

Last p-day riding bikes in Tai Mei Tuk

  Me and President Lam

Me and Jackie Chan

This is a note we got from one of our investigators in a bag of chocolate for Valentine's day.
She is 15 and super cool 

British chips and fried chicken.

Elder Smith's birthday 

I had pop tarts for breakfast this morning and they are still amazing!
I had to go really far to get them  but it was worth it.

There has been a thing about shaving legs in my apartment. I have not taken part.
Elder Taylor did last night and shall we say made a bit of a mistake.

The video is Elder Smith's cake. We surprised him on the way to get tin the​ shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment