skyline

skyline

Monday, August 14, 2017

Good Day to Die. Week 104 from Hong Kong

Hello all,

   Well if I am honest I don't know how to feel. On the one hand I am excited beyond measure, yet also terrified. My Life is about to take a huge turn. The time has come I guess to close the book on this chapter and move onto the next one. 

   As far as weeks go this was a great last full one. Now I only work until Wednesday. Last p-day we went to a bowling alley in Tuen Mun and played snooker. There was a member who wanted to go and so we did. I had never played snooker before. Turns out it is a lot of fun! It is also much more difficult than American pool. So I will need to find a place where I can do that back home haha. 

   We had a good last Zone Conference. haha I just realized that the word "last" is going to be in here a lot of times. That was good. I have seen a lot of zone conferences in my day and to be honest a lot of them are the same. This was a good one though.

   Then the rest of the week was pretty normal. We did some finding and found a person or two with some real good potential. 

   Sunday was a crazy day!!! We got move calls! I forgot to mention that! Elder Fakatou will be training!!! Also Elder Taylor (My British trainee) will be training and zone leader!!!! That is crazy. He is now 9 weeks younger than I was when I met him for the first time. I wish I could stay and watch everyone keep growing and watch people's success. 

   Sunday was also crazy because we went to 2 baptisms! It was my last Church in Chinese but we skipped third hour, which was Elders Quorum, to go to a baptism in the Castle Peak ward. She was someone that Elder Fakatou taught back when he was in that area. So that was a lot of fun. Then we ran back to our church in HSK and went to ward council meeting. Which will be my last one until I have a calling in a ward in the USA. Then later that night we had a Baptism for a young lady named Karmen (Yes spelled with a "K") She is super funny! That was just a great meeting. There was 18 missionaries there too! 

   There are pictures attached of all these things.

   I am extremely grateful for everyone who has supported me on this epic adventure. I have worked harder and for longer than I ever thought possible. My testimony is stronger than ever. I now can comfortably say that I know Jesus is The Christ, That our Heavenly Father lives, and that they love us more that we know and that their hand is in everything that we do. I have learned a great many things through the experiences and the bitter trials that I have been blessed with. 

Paul says it best:
 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
 For the last time

Love you all,
Elder Gordon Walker 
伍家盛長老














Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoped you had fun! Your blogs bring me back to Hong Kong; thanks a lot for sharing! *crying*

    ReplyDelete