skyline

skyline

Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 29 from Hong Kong (kinda gory this week)

Hello all,

   This week here in Hong Kong was eventful once again. Lets just start at the beginning. Last Tuesday Elder Chen and I were out finding and we saw some policemen pouring sand on the curb vaguely near our house. I though that was interesting and when we got closer we realized the purpose for all the sand... to absorb blood!!! Apparently there had been a terrible incident in which a person was driving and all of a sudden became stationary. Not sure how/what the accident was. All I know is that there was blood and gore all on the side walk and the tree and broken glass and metal everywhere. That was the only way to get home so a little got on my shoes so that was not the best but it is not much worse than some of the markets here. We walked by a few days later and most of the glass was still there so the police are not that great at cleaning stuff up here. 

   Then we kept going and found some french people walking around looking at their phone trying to find the MTR station. So we talked to them a little bit (in English) they were very nice and we tried describing how to get to the MTR station but it is deeply buried in the mall so we ended up taking them there. So that was a fun good turn for the day.

   This last Friday Elder Chen and I were asked to share a spiritual thought in Zone training about Isaiah 1:16&18.

16 ¶Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

That was a lot of fun. Super good for the studies.  My personal studies have gotten a lot better and I have a notebook that I am just filling with revelation and stuff so that will be cool to look back at some day.
 
 My companion is having a tough week because he was messing with his camera trying to make the pictures smaller so he could fit more and he found a button that said "Format" and he thought that would do the trick so he hit it and it erased all the pictures from his mission thus far. So that was sad. 

   Then this last Saturday we went over to brother Chan Wei's house to help him and his son with English and we discovered that the game MTR Uno is a thing. It is supper fun all the warning signs make you draw and the train lines are the "colors" I hope I can find a copy of that some where. Then he asked me if I really eat peanuts with the shell and is said yes. Then he told a funny story about when he told his wife that I did that. He quoted Joseph Smith "had I not seen it myself I probably would not have believed it" (all of these stories are in Chinese unless otherwise noted). So that was really funny.

I found a google image of the game!


  Also last night we did something called a Tim Tam slam. Where you have hot chocolate and drink it through a Tim Tam and then eat the tim tam without it falling to the bowl of hot chocolate.     

   
   

Love you all,
Elder Walker

This is companionship unity 

This was parked outside my house the other day

This shop just opened in our mall


No comments:

Post a Comment