skyline

skyline

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week 92 from Hong Kong

Hello All,

   I had a lovely week this week. I am not sure where to begin. It almost feels like I haven't written for 2 weeks because I skyped last week. That was so much fun!!! My parents surprised me by having a lot of my friends there. My parents asked who I missed the most. I could feel that it was a loaded question so I said I missed them all. Then they all jumped into view. So I answered well haha. That was a ton of fun. I miss everyone a lot. It was super weird to hang up the call and suddenly snap out of my living room and back to the nasty internet bar place, and transition straight to writing my mission president about the area and stuff.   

   On Monday we went to Central so I could pick up my new suit. It is super nice! I took a picture with the tailor so I will attach that. Then after P-day we went to a dinner appointment with a member. He took us to go eat Dim Sum. That is always good. We got a dish called Beijing duck. It is amazing! So It was a good dinner. Afterword he took us to his house and asked us to give him a blessing. Apparently he was having some back troubles and the Doctor was not sure what to do. He works on maintaining the temple here and he needed to go to work because the AC was broken. So we gave him the blessing. We saw him a few days later and he said that he felt fine! Cool stuff.

   We also had ward council this week. Before the meeting the bishop took us out to dinner. It was really good, However ever since then Elder Cox and I have been having some stomach issues. Hopefully that goes away soon. haha. The meeting was good. Our mission leader is white and speaks no Cantonese, He is amazing, but  doesn't know Cantonese. So Elder Cox represented the missionaries in the meeting and I sat next to Brother Fife and translated the meeting for him. That was exhausting! Fun but exhausting! It was mostly hard because there is no one to one in Chinese so I kinda had to change what people were saying. 

   I went on exchanges this week with Elder Stober. He is great! We live together so the exchange was really convenient! We went to Cross Roads which is an organization that we volunteer at. This week they sent us to Admiralty (on Hong Kong Island) to pick up some goods that were being donated. So they drove us down in a mini van! I think that is the second time I have been in a mini van since I was dropped off at the MTC. So that was fun. Turns out it was the warehouse for the US Consulate (I think that is not spelled right. It is an embassy like thing) so that means I got to be on US soil!!!! 

   After that they took us back to Tuen Mun and we ate lunch and then went and played baseball with a less active. That was ok. Every time we play he nails me with a fast ball. I am not a fan of that. 

   Then we went to the church and met another less active who was a Shaolin monk for like 7 years. So he is teaching us some Shaolin Kung-fu. I forgot how much fun Martial Arts is. I might pick it up when I go back home now. I am not sure, we will see haha. SO I was very sore after that day. 
Gordon earned is Black Belt in Kuiki-do when he was 13.

   The rest of the week was pretty normal. We met with one of our Investigators who is doing great aside from not coming to church. We asked him why and he said it is because he wants to watch Netflix really late on Saturday night and is not willing to change. So we will see how that goes. 

  We are also going to hear from Elder Cook of the 12 Apostles and Bishop Wadell of the presiding Bishopric. I am really excited for that. 

Love,
Elder Walker

Once again the videos are at the end


my new suit and the Tailor

Dinner with the member. The other missionaries are Mandarin Speaking

The View of mainland China

the view out my window 

In English class we taught etiquette


Video of new apartment in Tin Sui Wai


Gordon's friends were laughing while telling him about a rumor going around about him not really being in Hong Kong.  This video is for them!

Internet Café where missionaries Skyped home on Mother's day

A sideways video of Elder Cox on the phone

Shaolin Kung Fu

No comments:

Post a Comment