skyline

skyline

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 21 from Hong Kong

Hello all,

   This week has been a stressful one and a fun one all at once. It is fun how that works out. This last p-day we went to find a watch shop and it ended up being closed so we wandered around some more until we found a better one! We spent about 3 hours in there looking at all the different kinds. I eventually got a White one that I could use in the Temple. It was really pretty. It also had the day of the week in Chinese which was awesome. I was really excited for it. Problem was that it ended up getting switched at the end and I didn't notice until we got home. So that was lame. Though the watch I ended up with was equally pretty though the date is not in Chinese. 

   So the ward I am serving in has very few Young Single Adults. So every few weeks we will have a family home evening with them and the missionaries. We were in charge of the game and ended up playing liars dice. It was a lot of fun. Though it was really hard to explain in Canto. (For those of you who are wondering it is the game they play in Pirates of the Caribbean) So that was a lot of fun.

   Then we had a day where we got what is called "Yellow Rain" which means that it rains supper hard, but not hard enough to stay inside. There was about 3 inches of standing water in a lot of places. That made for quite the adventure. Also all the malls have leaks in them and instead of bothering to fix the leaks they just put a bucket in the middle of the floor. There were a lot of them. It kind of made me feel like we were living on a huge submarine. Until I went outside and then it felt like home.
   This Thursday we had 6 full lessons which is a lot and means that we did not get to do any of our studies. It also meant that we left the apartment at 8:45 am and then didn't get back until 10:00 pm that night. The lessons where of course in opposite corners from each other which meant a lot of running.

   We also got "Chanded" or fed 5 out of the last seven days. That was fun. Nothing too strange there. At least I don't think but I'm starting to not be able to tell what is weird anymore so I guess that is good. It was also nice because we didn't have to cook. One of those appointments was very interesting we went over to the Aoki family and had diner with them. They all speak English so the whole thing was in English. Throughout the whole appointment they were apologizing that their house was messy because they recently had a new closet delivered from IKEA. So we spent the next 2 hours building their closet for them. That was a lot of fun. 

   I also finished all my training!!! So I am now just a normal junior companion! So glad to be done with all the training stuff. 

   anyway that has been my week.

love you all!
-Elder Walker


Liars Dice

activity for English class. We played the song and they had to fill in the blanks

the watch


No comments:

Post a Comment