skyline

skyline

Thursday, February 11, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Week 25 from Hong Kong!

Hello all,


   It has been some time since I have had the pleasure of reading your emails and being able to give updates about my adventures. These last 10 days have seen a lot of changes but I will just start at the beginning.

   This week started with the most serious Headache I have ever had in my life. It was bad enough that it made me want to puke supper bad. I didn't though. Luckily I had a lot of Ibuprofen so that came to my rescue. That lasted for about 4 days and after much medicine and prayer it went away so that was a nice relief. I think it was mostly stress. We were incredibly busy last week and I think my body just needed a rest. So that was good.

   Then we had a turnover lesson from the Sisters in my area. He was very interesting. I would most accurately describe the lesson as a fencing sword fight. He was very smart and wanted us to speak to him in English. He is paid to analyze companies and fix their personal problems. It was very interesting he paid a lot of attention to what we were saying and asked a lot of very specific questions, though he was not very willing to listen to our answers. So we will see how that goes. We are going to get our mission President involved and sue his awesome power.

   This week was also Chinese New Year. Which is celebrated by everyone going back to Mainland and those that stay are very busy and don't answer their phones haha. It was really pretty. It is still going on. We are in a huge mall and there is a dragon going around and blessing all the shops so if I get a chance I will take a picture of it and send it next week. 

   This week also had more SURPRISE MOVES!!!! This time Elder Phung (my trainer) was moved to the international branch on the Island. I stayed in Sha Tin and am the senior companion. Which only means that I know where stuff is and have to do all the administrative stuff. My new companion is Elder Chen... Another ABC (American Born Chinese) haha. He was in my same MTC group so that should be a good chance for some growth. I felt kinda bad for him because I went and picked him up in Kowloon Tong and took him back so that he could pack a different suit case and go on Zone 24 hour exchanges. This all happened last Monday so we have had 1 full day together haha. So I am looking forward to this new change. 

   Then while we were on exchanges I and my exchanged companion elder Merril got called up and invited to lunch so that was a lot of fun. It was a traditional Chinese New Year meal. So there was a lot of seafood which I was not a fan of but was not too bad. They also lived in the nicest apartment complex I have ever seen. We got lost and ended up wandering around in a parking garage that I would have paid money to walk around in. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, and Maserati are just a few of the things that I saw. It was great!!! The appointment ended up lasting 3 hours though so that was not the best. But it was a great opportunity to get to know that family better. 

   We also had Zone conference which was awesome!!! it was a broadcast from Salt lake from the Missionary department. We were also informed that in two Mondays we will be pleased to be addressed by Elder Gerry Stevenson of the Quorum of the 12. Really looking forward to that!!!

   Those were my big adventures this week. I am at the apple store and therefore unable to send pictures. Next Monday though!!!

Love you all,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment