skyline

skyline

Monday, May 2, 2016

Still here in Sha Tin. Week 37 from Hong Kong

Hello all,

   Well this week A LOT of things changed for me. Just to kick things off I did not get moved so I will be here for a total of 8 months at the end of this move. So that is great! I love it here and there is a sea wind that comes in so that is really nice going into the summer. 

   This last Monday I got a call at 10:30 in the evening from president Lam.... and he uhhh.... Called me to be a trainer!!! It was really funny the way he did it because it wasn't a question. It was pretty much just telling me. SO that was a surprise! I did not sleep that well that night. I also had a dream that I was training a sister but that didn't happen haha. 

   Then the next Tuesday I was told that I was going to be the district leader! Which pretty much means that now I have more meetings, more paperwork and a lot more problems to deal with haha. It has been really fun so far. I am really looking forward to it! 

   SO my new companions name is Elder Chapman. He is half Chinese and Half Philippine. HE is also HUGE. So that is fun. I haven't had a white companion the whole time I have been here haha. I have a picture of him but this dumb computer doesn't have a USB port so I will have to sent that next week. He is really nice. I am looking forward to working with him. 
   
   It is also really fun to see the training process from this side. I just hope I don't mess him up too bad haha.

   This last Saturday we had a Recent Convert Fireside. SO  that was really cool. We took one of our Catholic investigators and he said that he felt the spirit really strong. I am excited to keep helping him. 

   So yeah this week has been a busy and stressful and good one. We are all supper excited because we get to SKYPE this next Monday for mothers day! I am soo excited!!! 


Love you all!!!

-Elder Walker

This last Thursday, we saw (on President & Sister Lam's FB page) a picture of the new missionaries that just arrived in Hong Kong and a picture of their trainers.  Gordon was in the picture as one of the trainers.  There is also a video of him meeting his new companion that I'll attach here.  It was so fun to see his excitement in the video then receive this letter.  
I'll share the video on Gordon's personal page.

The new trainers

The new missionaries




No comments:

Post a Comment