skyline

skyline

Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 39 from Hong Kong

Hello all,
 
   This week was very exciting! Many things happened. First things first last Monday I got to Skype Home!!!! That was great!! Though it was kinda weird. I have 4 total calls I get to make on my mission and I have done 2 of them. That is really weird to me.
 
    Anyway enough of the mushy stuff. This last Friday Elder Chapman and I were way out in a far corner of our area finding and we were on the bus to go home and I got a call from an unknown number. So I answered it and started talking in Chinese, thinking it was a sales person, identifying myself as a church volunteer and that I had very little money. After I did that there was a pause... and a voice said "uhh... is this Elder _______(I forgot his name but it was the name of a 70 member) is this Elder Walker and Elder Chapman?" I said that it was and he asked us if we could come to the Prince of Whales Hospital because there was a Filipino sister in the hospital. He then also said that he was one of the senior couple missionaries. Now there are 2 Filipino sisters in my district so I assumed it was one of them. We had just passed the bus stop that would have been great to get off at so we got off at the next one (about a half mile from the hospital) and I called the Zone Leaders and told them to meet me at the City One MTR station and that a sister was in the hospital. So they did and Elder Chapman and I ran the whole distance to the MTR station to meet them which was quite a sight for all the people around us haha. We eventually got there and were told that it was in fact not a missionary but a member of the Filipino branch who had a burst appendix. Still very scary but a little relief to us. So we gave her a blessing. I did the anointing and the senior did the sealing and blessing and the whole time my hands were shaking because of all the adrenaline. So that was a good experience. As soon as the other elder said amen a nurse showed up and shooed us out.
 
   Then we went to dinner at a place called Tam Jai. It is a good place. A funny thing happened when we were eating. A white guy came in (very unusual) and had a mainland girl with him. He ended up sitting next to us. We talked a little bit. Normal stuff. i.e.. why he was in Hong Kong, who the girl was. The man said he was in the oil and mineral industry and that he was married. (though not wearing his ring) When we asked who the girl was he said that he found her on the internet and that she wanted to "learn English". Then he went off about bunch of weird stuff so we finished eating and left. We were sad because we were hoping for a normal conversation but he was too weird.
 
   Then Saturday was very busy with service. We spent 4 hours cleaning the chapel. Then we went over to a mental Hospital with the Bishops wife and took some people out and they ate McDonalds and we cut up their food. That was fun.
 
   Then Sunday we had a broadcast from Salt Lake for Taiwan and Hong Kong. It was very good. Unfortunately it was all in Chinese. But we did learn that Hong Kong will have a new stake called the "Lions rock stake" So that was really exciting. It also might mean that our ward boundaries change which would be interesting. More details will come latter.
 
   Yeah, this week was really busy but really fun. I hope all is well at home.
 
Love,
Elder Walker
 
I thought this was cool

Skyping 
We were surprised to see where he was Skyping!
That empty chair is where he was when he talked to us.

cool restaurant in my area

It rained very hard while we were working out in the morning so these are our shoes outside

The Tam Jai

I got a cool belt (it is fake obviously) on the street



No comments:

Post a Comment