skyline

skyline

Monday, November 7, 2016

New move!!! Week 64 from Hong Kong

Hello all! 

   Well this week went very very well. We got our move calls and my companion elder Jensen has moved to Tagalog to work on the island. I am now also district leader in Tai Po and Training!!! The new district included us, our roommates the Tolo Mandarin north elders, and the Tai Wo elders. I am also training!!!! My trainee is Elder Taylor from a place called Yorkshire in the UK! He is super awesome, very green and jet lagged but awesome! I am really excited to work with him. 

   So story wise Elder Jensen and I took the bus to Kowloon Tong Thursday morning and the bus driver was a pacifist! I have never seen a Chinese bus driver that is a pacifist! Usually they are very aggressive and lacking in mercy. Long story short the bus ride took forever and I was 10 min late to the meeting! We were pushing his bags from the bus station and running. By the time we got to the gates of the chapel I took of running and ran straight in to the meeting just as the opening prayer was being said. So that was lucky. Also the whole thing was being filmed by a film crew because there is a documentary being made about the church in Hong Kong to dispel some of the confusion about the church. It is a half hour and should come out in December sometime. 

  So yeah I have been scrambling to get on top of the paperwork that was left by the previous district leader and also learning the new administrative system that is in place. So that is a fun challenge. 

   Also last week we went to the mainland border and took some pictures! haha that was fun. Really weird but super fun. We had to be really careful to not get sucked in to customs and stuff.

   We had a fun experience on the way home last Saturday. We were in a rush to get home before 10 and plan the next day. We had just enough time to do it too. However we saw a small old taxi driver trying to change a tire. He was bouncing on the wrench trying to get the lug nuts off. So we decided to give him a hand. We were in suits and tall white guys. So I am sure we gave him quite the shock. Any way we just jumped in and changed his tire for him. He was super super grateful! It also only took us about 5 min. so I still wouldn't hire us as a pit crew but not bad. And we were able to make it home just in time! 

   I am really excited for this new move!

Love,
Elder Walker 

funny pictures ya know how they always talk about staying away from "the line" well there it is!!! that is how close I got to breaking Chinese National Law. haha good times

tim tam slam to end the move

Video of the Tim Tam slam....

For Halloween we went to our zone leaders house and TP'd their gate. haha 

Building in mainland

planner I made for my "son"​  I'm hoping he attached the wrong picture and isn't making his new trainee carry this around as his planner!



No comments:

Post a Comment