skyline

skyline

Monday, March 20, 2017

Move Calls. Week 83 from Hong Kong

Hello all,

   Man I am exhausted. I did not get to sleep till 1 am last night. We got move calls last night. I will be staying in Tai Po, Elder Taylor will be going to Macau (He is very excited about this). My new companion is Elder Winwood. We were in the MTC together. I will be very interested to see how this works out. I will be staying Zone Leader and the other zone leader will be moving so I will get a new "step companion". A lot of things changed in the zone so we will be interested to see how this all plays out.

   That was the most major thing to happen this week. We did have a lovely chang out  (We believe a "Chang out" is when a member takes them out for a meal"  with a member family. They are super cool we had a lovely time and committed them to help us fellowship a part member family. 

   Then last night we had a ward FHE because a missionary that used to serve here came back with her family. That was fun. I was standing up near the front at about the time they wanted to start so they just looked at me and suddenly I was conducting. Elder Taylor and I shared a message about Easter and the Atonement. He was speaking English and I would translate and then I would speak Cantonese and elder Taylor would translate to English. We looked to their family to share something that we could then translate to the rest of the ward. They went super deep, talking about family members who have died. Death by the way is a very sensitive thing in the Chinese culture. So the spirit was very strong. Super good message. Then we ate food. Her younger brother was 17 and apparently a very picky eater. So the ward gave him a hard time for that haha. You can't be picky in Hong Kong.

   Last p-day we went to this place called Monkey Mountain. There were many many monkeys. That was great fun. I will attach some pictures of them. All in all it was a good week. I shall be very interested to see what next week is like.

Love,
Elder Walker

Two Videos are at the end!

Monkeys


Monkeys

 Monkeys

Monkey

another water based issue in the Tai Po house

the Tse family

me and the bishop in Tai Wo ward

us Lisa and Andrew


Video of more bathroom problems

Video of Monkey Mountain



No comments:

Post a Comment