skyline

skyline

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Another Week in Paradise. Week 88 from Hong Kong

Hello all,

   This has been an interesting week. I had anticipated going on 2 exchanges but canceled them both because I had a TON of meetings this week. So looks like that is going to be what happens this week. We also got to go to the temple! That was awesome! It might have been my last time in Hong Kong but we shall see. 

   Yeah so last p day was great because we got to go to the temple. It was super hot like it was 34 at 10:15 am. Which is hot! Plus all of the Humidity and the suit and it was rough. It was great though because a member from Tai Wo ward gave us a ride in his car! So that was great. Then for pictures we had the whole district there. We took a few pictures and then decided to do one where every one was jumping in the air. We did and the member ripped his pants about 6 inches! So after the temple he just left his white temple pants on. That was funny. The temple is the best I wish we could go more often but oh well. 

   We also got great news that Elder Cook of the 12 apostles will be visiting us in like 2 weeks so that is great! We know he will take a picture with us I hope he speaks too!

   On Tuesday we had a combined district meeting so that Elder Ashton and I could share a message with the zone. That went well I think. I hope every one apples the things we shared. 

   This last Saturday we had a missionary run Easter activity. We had a good amount of people come and so I think that went well. We were hoping that the members would bring some of their non member friends. But that is OK, next time I guess. 

   We had a good meeting with the Stake President last night. We Thought that the meeting was going to be an hour long. Tuned out that after 2 hours we were not even close to done. We got a lot of things done though so that was good. A long meeting is fine so long as every one is on the same page and good things get done. Our Companions were not super happy about that but that is ok. haha

   Lastly there have been some things happening with a person we are teaching. We are working with the Bishop and Stake President very closely. There is much pride and anger and we are trying to resolve it and it is causing some emotional stress in me. That is alright though so long as the will of the Lord is made manifest it does not matter what happens to me. 

   By this time next week I will know what the moves calls are! I think I am moving but I am not sure. 

Hope everyone has a great week! 

Love,
Elder Walker

Videos are at the end...




















Having fun translating

Dog troubles in Tai Po

Ward Party Game

No comments:

Post a Comment