skyline

skyline

Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter. Week 87 from Hong Kong

Hello all,

   This has been a really good week. Not a whole lot has been happening. We are really desperate for new investigators. We are trying a bunch of different ways so I guess now we just have to wait. 

   I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with one of the district leaders in the zone. He is over the Mandarin district. That was fun. He is an interesting guy. He is a new district leader so it was fun to answer some of his questions. He will be really good once he has gotten the hang of it. 

   We had a few days that we didn't have to use the AC so that was good because it was a cool temperature. Yesterday we used all of our extra time because the hours don't roll over to the next week so today we are back to no extra and we are gonna be very sweaty. That is one of those things that I have gotten used to that I wish I didn't get used to. Sometimes I am in a members house in the summer and We are super sweaty and I know I smell terrible and it makes me feel bad for the member because they have to pretend to be nice to me when I smell like a pig. 

   Anyway it was a pretty standard week. Until Sunday. We came home from church, had lunch, and prayed into personal study and suddenly a massive parade started. I took a bunch of pictures and videos and sent them home. Hopefully everyone can see them. There were dragons fighting each other and other performances. It was super cool! Very very Chinese!  I am not sure why we had it, it could have been for Easter and it could have been for something completely different. 

   We get to go to the temple this week so that is awesome!!!! That does mean that today is not our Pday. So we are going to do emails and buy groceries and that will be it. Then we will go back to work.

   I also got my birthday package! It had cereal in it! I was very very happy!!!

  That is all for this week!
Love,
Elder Walker

He asked for a bag of Marshmallow Mateys for his birthday! 

Parade Pictures






Video of Gordon Walking on the street on HK Island

Parade Videos


No comments:

Post a Comment