skyline

skyline

Monday, August 1, 2016

Inbound Typhoon Week 50 from Hong Kong

This week went great!!! We met a lot of new people and were able to teach the gospel. One was particularly open to the message. His name is Nadeem. He is from Pakistan but moved to Hong Kong when he was one or two years old. So he said that his most comfortable language is Chinese. The interesting thing about him is that he is blind. SO we pick him up and take him back to the MTR station when we meet him. He came to church yesterday and the members love him. They all came up and talked to him and got to know him. We even had a few people tell us that if we need they would love to fellowship him. Then after church we grabbed a member and asked if he would be willing to help us read the BOM (Book of Mormon) to him. The member gladly agreed and said that he loves to read the BOM out loud. So we read 3 chapters to him. HE loved it! He asked if there was an audio version and we said that not in Cantonese. (That would be really helpful though) He then told us that he can understand English fairly well. SO we helped him download the gospel library on his phone so he could listen to it in English. So we are really excited for him. He also accepted baptism. So we will give him a date this week.

   I love being Elder Chapmans companion. He as progressed so far. I would say that definitely if he needed to he could be a senior companion next move. Maybe even trainer if that were necessary. So that is really good.

   I also Love being a District Leader. Everyone is doing well and optimistic about the future. Unfortunately the Tai Wai elders had a bit of a set back. One of their investigators Justin is one of the most prepared people I have ever met. I did his baptismal interview this Saturday and passed him with flying colors. unfortunately his parents pulled permission right at the end so they are very sad about that. The bishop said he is going to take care of it and to not worry so that will be good. His interview was really fun to do. I got to use my fake glasses and I could tell that he was really nervous because overtime I would try to speak or elaborate on what he said and he would cut me off and add more. Which was fine because he was supper prepared. 

  Also had Exchanges with Elder Sargent. I was very disappointed with it. it was far short of 24 hours and we did not do as much work as I had hoped we would. So that was a bummer. we spent a lot of time talking about the district. which is fine but I was hoping to learn more in the work. 

   We have heard that we have a typhoon that is going to hit either today or tomorrow morning. I don't know much about it. All I know is what people tell me on the street. It shouldn't be too bad. So that should make for some good pictures next week.

   We also managed to not die with the extra mouths and extra little food. SO that is good. I thought Summer missionaries was going to be a lot of fun. It is sometimes but they are also a bit of a pain in the neck. They keep eating my Oreos, and they complain a lot. That will probably get better this week though. 

   Also something called Pokémon go came out. apparently you can walk around and catch Pokémon with your phone. At first I thought it was great but now I realize that there is a lot more people out which is great but they also will not be bothered at all. I got cussed out a few times just for saying "hi how are you" so yeah I am not a fan of that game. 

   We also got to go to the temple and it was Incredible!  as usual. 

Love you all,
Elder Walker

Gordon Says the video explains itself


the district on temple day!!

the district on temple day!!!

this is Justin

This is the display in Kowloon Tong right now. I don't get it. it is Disney characters but they're all pigs or sushi

The temple is getting a new Moroni so it looks like this for now

I call this one up the nose 

Hong Kong Temple sign


No comments:

Post a Comment